Sephora is reopening two landmark locations in New York City and transforming them into Beauty TIP (Teach, Inspire, Play) Workshop concepts. The experiential retail locations will offer beauty studios for one-on-one makeovers as well as unique technologies for beauty-obsessed shoppers, such as Sephora + Pantone Color IQ touch screens for foundation, lip and concealer shade matching.
Both Manhattan locations — 34th Street and Fifth Avenue — are equipped with brighter lighting, gifting stations and mobile POS stations. The 9,000-square-foot Fifth Avenue location will include digital tools for discovery, such as an Anastasia Brow Studio. The 11,300-square-foot 34th Street locations offers more than 13,300 products and a beauty workshop with more than 26 seats for educational workshops.
Additional features include:
- A Sephora Virtual Artist technology on iPad stations;
- A digital tool called the Moisture Meter, which measures moisture in the skin;
- A skincare studio with a sink for mini facials and consultation, as well as a touchscreen display to access Sephora’s Skincare IQ diagnostic, which helps clients find the right products for their skin types;
- A new technology from Sephora’s Innovation Lab called Tap and Try, which allows customers to virtually try on lip or lash products; and
- A fragrance studio that features a sensory technology called InstaScent, so customers can find the perfect fragrance. The studio also provides complimentary engraving once a customer chooses his or her scent.
"Sephora opened in the U.S. 19 years ago with our first store in Soho,” said Calvin McDonald, President and CEO of Sephora Americas in a statement. “It's fitting that as we round out almost two decades, we return to New York City to celebrate our largest and most unique beauty experience. Our innovative Beauty TIP Workshop concept encourages and supports a thriving beauty community, one that's focused on inclusiveness, promotes self-expression, celebration and education through our unparalleled service experiences, designed to teach and inspire our New York-based clients to play and discover beauty."
Sephora also operates TIP stores in San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Santa Clara, Calif., and Toronto.
- Target Expands Loyalty Pilot To Five Additional Markets
- Sephora Canada Increases Average Transaction 90% Among Alipay Users
- Sephora Boosts Perks For High-End Loyalty Shoppers
- Exclusive Q&A: What Brands Get Wrong About Marketing To Women
- Audiovisual Technology Leads To Better Business Outcomes For Retailers