Kroger is introducing a new private label apparel brand, called “Our Brands,” in 300 Fred Meyer and Kroger Marketplace stores in fall 2018. The active lifestyle brand will launch with children, young men, juniors, men’s and women’s clothing.
The move is part of the Restock Kroger initiative, which includes building on the retailer’s private label sales growth, which increased from $15 billion in 2011 to $20.5 billion in 2017.
“This new brand gives Kroger a chance to inspire and connect with our customers,” said Robert Clark, Senior VP of Merchandising for Kroger in a statement. “This new offering is on-trend, convenient and right in line with our customers’ needs.”
Private label products are becoming increasingly important tools for retailers to differentiate themselves, according to Boxed VP of Private Label Jeff Gamsey. “We believe that private brands, when done well, are not just an add-on or “me too” value option anymore, or even just a way to drive margin expansion,” he said in an October 2017 interview. “They can actually become a fundamental defining piece of the entire retail experience.”
- NRF2019 Recap: Alibaba, Kroger, Walmart Supercharge Supermarkets; Target Store Investments Pay Off
- NRF Preview: Execs From Macy’s, Kroger, Lowe’s and Alibaba Headline Must-See Sessions
- Are Smart Shelves The Tech Supermarkets Need?
- Kroger Pilots Two ‘Connected’ Stores With Microsoft Partnership
- Hannaford Tests Smart Shelves At Redesigned Concept Store