Heinen’s Grocery Stores has selected ReposiTrak to manage regulatory and business documentation compliance within its supply chain. The family-owned supermarket will use the Compliance Management and Track & Trace solutions to monitor the safety of food sold in its 22 stores.
“Providing safe food for our customers is a top priority for Heinen’s,” said John Guenther, Director of Risk Management and Information Security at Heinen’s in a statement. “In preparing to comply with the new Food Safety Modernization Act rules in September, we were looking for a solution that would enable us to both scale and automate the management of our required vendor documents, and provide us with 24/7 visibility to our compliance.”
Heinen’s can use the Compliance Management solution to receive, store and share documentation, while managing compliance through dashboards and alerts for missing or expired documents. With the Track & Trace solution, the retailer can identify product ingredients and their supply chain path during a product recall. Track & Trace is designed to reduce the risk in the supply chain by identifying backward chaining sources and forward chaining recipients of products, in near real time.
- Kroger Starts Construction On Second Automated Warehouse
- Walmart Plans $1.2 Billion Investment In Chinese Grocery Supply Chain
- Walmart Q1 Revenue Jumps But Grocery, Supply Chain Investments Weaken Profits
- TrueCommerce Acquires Supply Chain Management Platform Provider ecUtopia
- Why The Retail Supply Chain Demands Digital Transformation