Guess has partnered with Alipay to offer their digital payment option to Chinese travelers visiting the U.S. With the integration, travelers can use their Alipay Mobile Wallet when making purchases at more than 50 Guess stores in popular destinations including New York, Las Vegas and California.
Alipay, which is owned by Alibaba Group, has more than 520 million members. In addition to serving this large consumer base, Guess will gain the ability to market to Chinese tourists before, during and after their visits, through Alipay’s geolocation-based “Discover” function and push notifications within the app. Travelers can search for local Guess stores, receive promotional information, and make purchasing decisions, all through the Alipay app.
“As a global brand with over 1000 stores in approximately 100 countries, it is important that we are constantly innovating the customer shopping experience on an international level,” said Edward Park, SVP of North America at Guess in a statement. “We are excited to bring Alipay’s technology to GUESS stores because we recognize the importance that native apps play in the customer journey.”
Alipay will be available in select U.S. stores across all GUESS concepts, including GUESS, GUESS Accessories, GUESS Factory, Marciano and GbG. In March, Alipay expanded its payment platform to 35,000 North American merchants via a partnership with First Data.
- Walgreens Will Accept Alipay Across 7,000 Stores By April 2019
- Sephora Canada Increases Average Transaction 90% Among Alipay Users
- NRF2019 Recap: Alibaba, Kroger, Walmart Supercharge Supermarkets; Target Store Investments Pay Off
- Instacart And Whole Foods End Grocery Delivery Partnership
- 7-Eleven Adds Alipay And WeChat Pay In 35 Canadian Stores