Seeking to address speed and performance issues of its mobile experience, the GOAT premium sneaker marketplace has integrated the PacketZoom SDK into its app, serving as a complement to GOAT's CDN (Content Delivery Network). Key benefits of the implementation have included:
• Increased speed of image downloads;
• Reduced number of failed image downloads into the app;
• Increased user engagement; and
• A decrease in app abandonment rates.
"GOAT is a managed marketplace where we oversee all products and images to ensure a consistent experience," explained Eddy Lu, Co-Founder and CEO of GOAT in a statement. "Users come to us because we offer a premium service and we pride ourselves in reflecting that for both our buyers and sellers. Integrating PacketZoom was quick and seamless for us. We saw an immediate ROI and increase in user engagement of the mobile app, without having to do much work to get it done."
PacketZoom also has created a Global Mobile App Network Benchmark, establishing a standard measurement for mobile developers to monitor, track and gauge mobile app performance across geographies and networks worldwide. The Benchmark measures performance across 2G, 3G, 4G and WiFi networks.
Initial findings from October 2016 include the top 5 countries ranked by end-user adoption of 4G technology. They are:
1. Canada: 96%
2. South Korea: 95%
3. Japan: 93%
4. Indonesia: 91%
5. U.S.: 83%
The U.S. did not make the top 5 in best response times for mobile apps, led by France (276 milliseconds) and followed by Spain, the Netherlands, the UK and Germany. But as a consolation, the U.S. stayed off the two "worst" lists: worst countries for packet loss on mobile apps, and worst countries for mobile app sessions impacted by network disconnection.
- Foot Locker Invests $100 Million In Online Footwear Marketplace GOAT
- Study: Starbucks Mobile App Usage Exceeds Popular Payment Apps
- BJ’s Wholesale Club Launches New Wish List Feature On Mobile App
- Insights From Dreamforce 2017: How Adidas, Party City & Suit Supply Get Personal
- Texas Humor Improves Mobile App CX From Lone Star To 5 Stars