Fashion Metrics, which provides machine learning technology designed to deliver a truly personalized fit and sizing experience, has renamed itself Bold Metrics. In addition to the rebranding, the company is adding Sport Metric and VR Metric to a product portfolio that includes Fashion Metric.
Bold Metrics, which includes a team of data scientists and one of the largest data warehouses of human body measurements, launched Fashion Metric in 2013 to make more accurate apparel design and size predictions. Predictions come within 3% of what a master tailor would measure in person. The company is expanding into new retail verticals, including sports and fitness, along with emerging VR offerings. Sport Metric will aid consumers in buying sporting goods relative to their body shape, and VR Metric will help users create authentic avatars.
“We see the world changing a lot with increased consumer desire for personalization and with the advancements in VR and AR, and it’s especially exciting to be making an impact in these areas,” said Morgan Linton, Co-Founder and CRO of Bold Metrics in a statement. “In addition, the technology provides feedback data based on real-life body measurements to enable brand manufacturers to more accurately design and size their products.”
- The Vitamin Shoppe Debuts Innovation Store Offering Tech-Enhanced Personalization
- Rue21 Deploys Platform To Enhance Digital Commerce Experience
- Fashion Bunker Leverages Personalization To Encourage First-Time Purchases
- Endear Helps Associates Connect With Shoppers
- Vitacost.com Boosts Click-To-Open Rates 53% Via Personalized ‘Mystery Sales’