Bloomingdale’s has added two high-definition floor-to-ceiling video walls within its“Carousel @ Bloomingdale’s” store-within-a-store Manhattan boutique. The Carousel debuted as a fixture in the 59th Street flagship store in fall 2018 and is designed to rotate themes every two months. Float4, a Montreal-based design studio, developed the video walls to provide shoppers with a unique, curated visual landscape.
The Carousel’s inaugural theme was titled Urban Explorer and featured carefully curated products including stylish bicycle helmets, electronics, personal care items, luggage and more. To encapsulate the aesthetic, Float4 captured live footage throughout New York City of “urban explorers” wearing and using some of the theme’s stand-out products.
Float4 will develop six pieces of content for the Carousel’s first year, mixing live action footage and real-time graphics. Each piece will be approximately 10 minutes long, allowing customers to experience an entire storyline while shopping. Guest experts will curate the accompanying product selections.
The present experience, themed around Valentine’s Day, debuted on Jan. 10. The department store has turned to Darcy Miller, author and Founding Editor of Martha Stewart Weddings, to create a limited-edition “Celebrate Love” collection of her own designs as well as a selection of pieces from other companies.
- Bloomingdale’s Ties Training To $3 Million In Savings
- Mystery Shopping Results Revealed At #RIC18: Sephora, Adidas, Sunglass Hut Get High Marks
- Can Discounted Cosmetics Drive Department Store Traffic?
- Q&A With Venture Capital Expert: Are Retailers Trapped By Outdated Performance Metrics?
- The Returns Debate: Is Leniency The Way To Go?
Latest from Glenn Taylor
- Amazon Takes Kohl’s Returns Partnership Nationwide, Installs Lockers In 1,000 Casino Stores
- China-Based Luckin Coffee Files U.S. IPO After Raising $150 Million
- Amazon Will Shut Down Chinese Marketplace But Continue Cross-Border Operations
- Study: Just 22% Of Retailers Prioritize Revenue-Generating ROI From Martech Investments
- Exclusive Q&A With Babylist CEO: How Video Content And Multi-Retailer Data Spur Registry Growth