Shoppers will be able to add cash to their Amazon account balance by using Amazon Cash at select Coinstar kiosks. The service carries no fee, and only requires a phone number to be associated with the shopper’s Amazon account. Customers can add between $5 and $500, which will be used to automatically purchase and redeem an Amazon.com gift card in the same amount.
Coinstar has rolled out the program at kiosks in select Northeastern supermarkets and plans to expand it to 5,000 kiosks by the end of 2018. Coinstar operates approximately 20,000 kiosks at retailers and banks across the U.S.
- NRF2019 Recap: Alibaba, Kroger, Walmart Supercharge Supermarkets; Target Store Investments Pay Off
- Whole Foods Halts Expansion Of Lower-Price 365 Stores
- NRF Preview: Execs From Macy’s, Kroger, Lowe’s and Alibaba Headline Must-See Sessions
- Amazon Tests Targeted Product Sampling Deliveries
- Google Launches Multi-Touch Point Shopping Platform In India