Shoppers will be able to add cash to their Amazon account balance by using Amazon Cash at select Coinstar kiosks. The service carries no fee, and only requires a phone number to be associated with the shopper’s Amazon account. Customers can add between $5 and $500, which will be used to automatically purchase and redeem an Amazon.com gift card in the same amount.
Coinstar has rolled out the program at kiosks in select Northeastern supermarkets and plans to expand it to 5,000 kiosks by the end of 2018. Coinstar operates approximately 20,000 kiosks at retailers and banks across the U.S.
- SureDone Launches International Support for Amazon Australia
- Amazon Memo: Only 2% Of Alexa Owners Have Made Purchases Through The Device
- Prime Day Mobile Spike Fades Fast For Non-Amazon Retailers
- Report: Amazon Phasing Out Oracle Cloud Services By 2020
- Amazon Rides To Record Profits On AWS, Ads, Whole Foods; Sales Climb 39%