Amazon plans to open another brick-and-mortar bookstore with more than 7,000 sq. Ft. of space at 72 Spring St. in New York City (NYC), according to a report from The Real Deal.
Amazon’s first physical bookstore, also in NYC, opened in May 2017 at the Time Warner Center. The second store currently is under construction on 34th Street.
Amazon’s stores have ties to the retailer’s digital interface, with prices on available on the Amazon app and a cashless checkout feature.
Amazon’s dive into NYC-based brick-and-mortar retail comes at a time where six of the borough of Manhattan’s 12 most important retail sub-markets had an availability rate of 20%or more in Q1 2017, according to a retail market report from Cushman & Wakefield.
- For Top Retailers On Prime Day, Expect High Revenues But Thin Margins
- Amazon May Own Prime Day, But 75% Of Shoppers Visit Competing Sites
- Walgreens Buys Minority Stake In Chinese Pharmacy Chain For $416M
- Amazon Hints At Location For Second Seattle Go Store
- Amazon Officially Unveils Prime ‘Day-And-A-Half’ Beginning July 16