The Women Startup Challenge Emerging Tech, which showcases and funds early-stage women-led startups, awarded a grand prize worth $50,000 to the 14-year-old developer of an app designed to help people with Alzheimer’s.
The “Timeless” app, developed by Emma Yang, uses artificial intelligence-based facial recognition technology to help users recognize people. Additionally, users can record events in order to stay more connected and engaged.
The competition, sponsored by Women Who Tech, a U.S.-based nonprofit advocating to close the funding gap for women in the tech industry, featured 10 finalists from a pool of nearly 300 entries from around the country. The contestants represented women-led startups working in the areas of augmented reality, virtual reality, biotech, health tech, energy, IoT, robotics and agriculture tech.
- Can Cashierless Checkout Scale Up Without Breaking The Bank?
- Retailers Are Learning To Live In An Artificial And Augmented World
- 11 Honoré Partners With Shopify To Host ‘Runway Commerce’ Experience At NYFW
- Thinking About AI For E-Commerce? Don’t Skimp On Training
- Saks Fifth Avenue Targets Facebook Shoppers With Holiday Gift Guide Chatbot