The Women Startup Challenge Emerging Tech, which showcases and funds early-stage women-led startups, awarded a grand prize worth $50,000 to the 14-year-old developer of an app designed to help people with Alzheimer’s.
The “Timeless” app, developed by Emma Yang, uses artificial intelligence-based facial recognition technology to help users recognize people. Additionally, users can record events in order to stay more connected and engaged.
The competition, sponsored by Women Who Tech, a U.S.-based nonprofit advocating to close the funding gap for women in the tech industry, featured 10 finalists from a pool of nearly 300 entries from around the country. The contestants represented women-led startups working in the areas of augmented reality, virtual reality, biotech, health tech, energy, IoT, robotics and agriculture tech.
- 10 Women-Led Startups Compete For Grants In European Event
- 7.ai Unveils New Conversational Commerce Capabilities For AIVA Chatbot
- Friction Is Your Retail Enemy
- Exclusive Q&A: Which Retail Jobs Are Safe From A Robot Takeover?
- Forever 21 Increases AOV 20% With AI-Powered Visual Search And Navigation