The Women Startup Challenge Emerging Tech, which showcases and funds early-stage women-led startups, awarded a grand prize worth $50,000 to the 14-year-old developer of an app designed to help people with Alzheimer’s.
The “Timeless” app, developed by Emma Yang, uses artificial intelligence-based facial recognition technology to help users recognize people. Additionally, users can record events in order to stay more connected and engaged.
The competition, sponsored by Women Who Tech, a U.S.-based nonprofit advocating to close the funding gap for women in the tech industry, featured 10 finalists from a pool of nearly 300 entries from around the country. The contestants represented women-led startups working in the areas of augmented reality, virtual reality, biotech, health tech, energy, IoT, robotics and agriculture tech.
- The Death Of Boring Retail: Exclusive Q&A With Steve Dennis
- Zara To Deploy Click-And-Collect Robots In Stores
- Creating An Omnichannel Experience For Customers By Employing IoT And AI Analytics
- Exclusive CDO Q&A: BJ’s Goes All-In On Digital Transformation
- Kroger Launches Innovation Center To Research And Test Grocery Offerings