Retailers continue to commit substantial investments in new engagement strategies that help them connect with consumers. In July 2012, Retail TouchPoints (RTP) published a January-June roundup which found that case studies around gamification, mobile and social were the most popular topics that piqued readers’ interest earlier this year.
For the second half of 2012, the Customer Engagement Awards have made the top 10 list for the second year in a row. The awards recognize retailers that have taken the initiative to deliver a higher level of service and improved experience to their current and prospective customers.
“There is no question that the customer is now in charge of the shopping experience,” said Debbie Hauss, Editor-In-Chief of Retail TouchPoints. “Retailers are working to meet the needs of today’s demanding shoppers by incorporating innovative strategies and technologies into their stores and online.”
Exclusive research reports conducted by RTP were among the top 5 articles viewed. Additional most-read articles covered hot topics such as SoLoMo, data management and retail analytics.
Top 10 articles since July 2012 are the following:
1) Retailers Update In-Store Technology To Offer Real-Time Customer Engagement
2) 11 Retailers Win Customer Engagement Awards
3) Cutting-Edge Retailers Lead The Pack In Localization And Personalization
4) Big Data’s Role In The Loyalty Equation
5) 7 Retailers Win Store Operations Superstar Awards
6) SoLoMo And The New Frontier Of Customer Loyalty
7) Ace Hardware Launches “Express” Store Format To Drive Sales Growth
8) Leveraging Retail Analytics To Make Better Marketing Decisions
9) Apple Passbook Offers Retailers Greater Opportunity For Mobile Engagement
10) Transforming Inventory Strategies For Omnichannel Success