Target Corporation has appointed former PepsiCo executive Brian Cornell as Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO, effective August 12. In his role, Cornell will lead the company’s mission for omnichannel advancement.
Cornell has more than 30 years of retail and consumer goods experience, including time as President and CEO of Sam’s Club, CEO of Michaels Stores, Inc. and EVP and Chief Marketing Office for Safeway. Most recently, he served as CEO of PepsiCo Americas Food, where he oversaw the company’s global food business.
“As we seek to aggressively move Target forward and establish the company as a top omnichannel retailer, we focused on identifying an extraordinary leader who could bring vision, focus and a wealth of experience to Target’s transformation,” said Roxanne S. Austin, interim non-executive Chair of the Board. “The Board is confident that Brian’s diverse and broad experience in retail and consumer products as well as his passion for leading high performing teams will propel Target forward.”
“I am honored and humbled to join Target as the first CEO hired from outside the company,” Cornell said. “As we create the Target of tomorrow, I will focus on our current business performance in both the U.S. and Canada and on how we accelerate our omnichannel transformation.”
- Target Supports 'Endless Aisle' Evolution With Three New Fulfillment Centers
- Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle Expand Executive Teams
- Target Taps Nordstrom Exec To Fill Chief Merchandising Officer Role
- Lowe’s Ordered To Pay $8.6 Million In Employee Disability Discrimination Suit
- Snapchat Debuts Shoppable Ads With Target And Lancôme