Toshiba has introduced the TCx Display, a terminal designed to help retailers offer faster, easier checkouts for both associates and shoppers. The tool was built to handle high-impact retail environments and can be used as an upgrade to an existing POS system or as an entirely new solution.
The TCx Display uses a projected capacitance (PCap) touchscreen that is capable of handling stylus, finger or credit card interactions. The terminal is made of recycled materials, and has features including:
- Optional built-in USB-C to enable seamless future upgrades;
- Enhanced swivel designed to improve flexibility at the checkout counter;
- Engineered to reduce glare;
- Optional audio to help retailers offer multimedia content; and
- The option to disable unused ports.
Enhanced options include an iButton reader, a magnetic stripe reader, a fingerprint reader and a keypad with MSR and keylock.