Plenty of consumers are still eager to shop in stores, but that doesn't mean retailers can take customer traffic for granted. Beyond the basics of clean stores, strong assortments and well-trained associates, there are five strategies retailers should consider if they want to maintain stores' place in the shopper journey:
- Create eye-level displays to catch the attention of shoppers fixated on their smartphones;
- Use contrast and color in displays to appeal to younger shoppers;
- Bring in food and beverages to encourage longer shopper visits;
- Offer buy online/pick up in-store (BOPIS) to shorten lines and avoid out-of-stock frustrations; and
- Emphasize the personal experience: 23% of consumers say socializing is the reason they visit stores.
Discover more tips in this infographic from Fundera.