The metaverse is creating a lot of buzz in the media, especially with its promise of creating a more integrated and open digital world. With its many associated technologies, such as Web3, NFTs and blockchain, it has especially generated a lot of hype in the retail industry. But it also has garnered a lot of speculation.
Ben Earl, Partner at Skyview Way Studios and “Web2.5” strategist, has been busy implementing forward-thinking projects in NFTs, blockchain and the film industry, and is passionate about ways to integrate fandom and storytelling into the broader metaverse conversation. During this episode of Retail Remix, Ben shares how his work as a writer and creator impacts his views on the metaverse. Topics discussed include:
- The definition of “Web2.5” and how it fits into the retail ecosystem;
- The cultural implications of deep digital immersion in the metaverse; and
- How to create integrated experiences that represent who we are, while not isolating others.
- Read this report on retail brands embracing the metaverse
- See additional news and coverage on the metaverse
- Listen to other Retail Remix conversations that dig into the metaverse opportunity
Dig into metaverse predictions and insights from McKinsey