As retailing has expanded into new formats and touch points — from cashierless stores to in-car and voice-enabled commerce — one element has remained constant: the need for secure, convenient and friction-free payment. The payment industry has responded with innovative solutions, both from established players and newer entrants.
The challenge for retailers? Making the best choices in a diverse and fast-changing landscape. Adding a new payment option can be an expensive proposition for a retailer, particularly if it means installing or modifying in-store payment terminals. Additionally, retailers are always on the lookout for ways to minimize the swipe fees charged by credit card companies, while still offering customers a wide range of payment options.
This special report examines key retail industry payment trends and innovations, including:
- Moves by retailers and online marketplaces, including Amazon and Alibaba, further into the payment ecosystem;
- New payment options, such as interest-free split payments, to address lower credit card usage among younger consumers;
- The impact of increased online fraud rates;
- Growth prospects for new customer identification and authentication tools; and
- Future prospects for autonomous, automatically scheduled payments.
Download the report now!