The husband-and-wife co-founders of Bluemercury, the beauty retailer that Macy’s acquired in 2015, are preparing to step down. Macy's announced that Bluemercury COO Barry Beck will leave the company by Sept. 20. Marla Beck will remain as the CEO for a transition period, but she will ultimately depart as well.
The Becks step away from the company after 20 years, during which time Bluemercury became one of the fastest-growing luxury beauty products and retail spa chains in the nation.
When Macy's bought Bluemercury in early 2015, the brand had approximately 60 stores spread across 18 states. As of August 2019, Bluemercury had 187 locations across 26 states.
“We are grateful to have joined a company that has given us the independence and runway to grow so aggressively. I know Macy’s will continue to guide and support this brand into the future,” said Marla Beck in a statement.
Latest from Bryan Wassel
- Gymboree Bounces Back As Store-Within-A-Store Concept At The Children’s Place
- Reuters Report: Authentic Brands Group Bids $270 Million For Barneys
- Walmart Launches InHome Delivery Service In Three Cities
- UK-Based Lakeland Offers First Loyalty Program
- New Superdry Board Extends Interim CEO’s Contract