The husband-and-wife co-founders of Bluemercury, the beauty retailer that Macy’s acquired in 2015, are preparing to step down. Macy's announced that Bluemercury COO Barry Beck will leave the company by Sept. 20. Marla Beck will remain as the CEO for a transition period, but she will ultimately depart as well.
The Becks step away from the company after 20 years, during which time Bluemercury became one of the fastest-growing luxury beauty products and retail spa chains in the nation.
When Macy's bought Bluemercury in early 2015, the brand had approximately 60 stores spread across 18 states. As of August 2019, Bluemercury had 187 locations across 26 states.
“We are grateful to have joined a company that has given us the independence and runway to grow so aggressively. I know Macy’s will continue to guide and support this brand into the future,” said Marla Beck in a statement.
Latest from Bryan Wassel
- Zippin Announces $12 Million Financing Round, Launch of ‘Zippin Cube’
- Kate Spade CEO Will Resign At The End Of 2019
- 75% Of Shoppers Will Share Data For Deals, So Let Them Know It’s Worth Their While
- Walgreens And Kroger Launch Group Purchasing Joint Venture
- Visier Offers Retailers Insight Into Their Workforce Pain Points