Shopping on mobile devices continues to grow, which means that consumer expectations for a more user-friendly mobile experience also are on the rise.
A new report from UserTesting, titled: RETAIL Mobile Customer Experience Index, is based on a competitive benchmarking study comparing the mobile web user experience (UX) of eight of the top Fortune 100 retailers: Best Buy, Costco, The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Macy’s, Target, TJ Maxx and Walmart. The study evaluated the mobile experience on five factors: ease of use, speed, credibility, aesthetics and delight.
The retailers that performed well provided an appropriate amount of information throughout the shopper journey with no effort from the customer. Those that made the journey more frustrating rated lower.
Key findings from the report include:
- Best Buy, The Home Depot and Target scored high on all five factors, especially ease of use and speed;
- Costco and Walmart ranked lowest among the retailer group. Opportunities for improvement include better transparency around pricing and shipping;
- Reviewing shipping information was the most difficult task for mobile shoppers and was the function receiving the lowest scores;
“We have entered what Forrester calls ‘the age of the customer,’ in which retailers must develop a deep understanding of what their customers value most and deliver superior digital experiences — or risk becoming irrelevant,” said Brian Smith, VP of Marketing at UserTesting in a statement. “It’s no coincidence that the highest-rated mobile CX leaders — Best Buy and The Home Depot — are also two top retailers invested in omnichannel efforts and successfully battling Amazon.”
- Walmart Brings Back ‘Toy Lab’ Ahead Of Holiday Season
- Walmart Launches InHome Delivery Service In Three Cities
- TikTok Tops 800M Users: Is It Retail's Next Big Social Investment?
- Walmart Promotes Sam’s Club Leader To Walmart U.S. CEO
- Bob’s Discount Furniture Revamps E-Commerce Site, Launches Mobile AR App
Latest from Klaudia Tirico
- Happy Returns Debuts Self-Service Return Kiosks
- Macy’s Will Expand AR-Powered Virtual Try-On Across Beauty Categories
- 11 Honoré Partners With Shopify To Host ‘Runway Commerce’ Experience At NYFW
- Visa Empowers Female Entrepreneurs With She’s Next Campaign
- Philanthropy, Local Connections Create Event Marketing Success For Kendra Scott