Retailers around the world are increasingly adopting strategies to grow sales on third-party marketplaces, especially through e-Commerce juggernaut Amazon. According to Amazon, sales through its marketplaces now represent 50% of all items sold on Amazon web sites globally.
With the release of Magento Commerce & Open Source version 2 later this year, merchants will be able to manage inventory on Amazon marketplaces directly through an integration into Amazon Seller Central.
Sellers will be able to automatically match products and list them across Amazon’s North American, APAC, and European marketplaces, as well as Australia, Amazon’s newest and fastest-growing marketplace.
With the addition of these new sales channel capabilities, merchants will be able to automate and synchronize their marketplace sales as well as access Amazon listing tools that direct product distribution and visibility, provide detailed competitor reporting and generate pricing recommendations — all designed to increase sales revenue.
The integration will provide direct access to such features as:
- Amazon’s extensive catalog data for storefront enhancements, such as advanced search, filtered navigation and promotional rules;
- Advanced marketing tools to manage listings across marketplaces and increase sales by enhancing a listing’s urgency;
- Centralized order management to synchronize order status, tracking information, customer data and cancellations; and
- Custom repricing tools to keep pricing competitive.
“We are seeing a lot of excitement and demand from Magento merchants to make marketplaces a part of their holistic sales channel approach,” said Jeff Finkelstein, Founder of Customer Paradigm, an interactive marketing firm in a statement. “This new capability is integrated into the core platform and provides a powerful toolset to drive results in channels like Amazon.”
- Walmart Installs Four Senior Execs At Flipkart
- Amazon Reportedly Plans 3,000 Go Stores; Unveils Recommendation-Based ‘Scout’ Shopping Site
- Exclusive CEO Insights: 3 Reasons Brands Need An Online Marketplace Strategy
- J.Crew Opens Amazon Storefront
- Exclusive Q&A: Which Retail Jobs Are Safe From A Robot Takeover?