Simon Property Group has partnered with Current, powered by GE, a digital power service, to deliver the next generation of efficient, intelligent malls. Through the partnership, Simon plans to install solutions from Current’s portfolio including intelligent LEDs, electric vehicle charging stations and demand response systems.
Westchester Mall in White Plains, N.Y. and Castleton Square Mall in Indianapolis will be the first to receive the new solutions. Simon and Current are also collaborating on an intelligent parking lot for the Indianapolis location. These technologies can potentially save Simon 50% to 70% in energy costs.
"Improving our energy footprint is a significant part of our sustainability journey, and in addition to efficient solutions, we're investing in intelligent infrastructure to continue to enhance our operations and the shopping experience for our customers," said Timothy Earnest, Executive Vice President of Management at Simon Property Group in a statement. "Collaborating with Current will help us achieve energy efficiency gains across our more than 200 centers while we also explore future opportunities to apply these technologies in a variety of ways."
- Simon Property Group Launches Online Outlet Shopping Platform
- Barneys New York, Simon Malls Take Steps To Sell Cannabis-Related Products
- Australian Shopping Centers Install Large-Scale LED Displays To Showcase Content
- Can Simon Help Aéropostale Bounce Back To 500 Stores?
- How Smart LEDs Can Keep Your Customers Engaged