The new Sam’s Garage app from Sam’s Club is designed to help shoppers cut the time needed to buy tires to five minutes, down from 30. The retailer is moving from multiple systems and paper catalogs to a single portal, with the program rolling out nationwide in July.
The app will run on mobile tablets and scan membership cards to pull up the shopper’s associated vehicles. The program also will let associates filter tire options based on the customer’s needs, letting them look for features such as “responsiveness,” “winter traction,” “wet road handling,” “off road” and “ride comfort.”
Sam’s Garage narrows down the selection as the process continues, with additional options based on factors including in-store availability, special offers, brand, load index, speed rating and mileage warranty. Once the tires are selected, shoppers can receive an estimate and place an order from inside the app.
The rollout of Sam’s Garage is part of a larger e-Commerce push across Walmart. Other initiatives include the introduction of subscription-based grocery delivery and InHome Delivery, which lets shoppers have items delivered inside their houses, even when they’re not at home.
- Walmart Promotes Sam’s Club Leader To Walmart U.S. CEO
- Sam’s Club Expands Same-Day In-Store Pickup Chainwide
- Exclusive Chris Walton Q&A: 4 Technologies That Target Retail Pain Points
- Albertsons Partners With Microsoft To Bolster Cloud And AI Capabilities
- Walmart Harnesses Apps And AI To Fuel Associate Efficiency