Meijer will introduce its Shop & Scan program at all 235 locations by the end of summer 2018. The initial pilot of the program, which lets shoppers scan and bag groceries as they move through the store, was launched in November 2017.
Shop & Scan, which is integrated with the grocery retailer’s mPerks loyalty program, has already been downloaded by 12,000 customers. The service will expand beyond the Meijer stores in Standale, Rockford, Walker, Grandville, Jenison and Holland, Mich. in the coming weeks.
Other retailers are expanding their use of similar technology, which helps reduce lines at checkout. Walmart is rolling out Mobile Express Scan & Go to more Florida stores, while Kroger will expand its Scan, Bag, Go solution to 400 locations.
- Walmart CTO Who Implemented Key Tech Advances Stepping Down
- Kroger Says: Houston, We Have Autonomous Delivery
- Walmart Plans To Process Returns And Refunds At The Front Of Select Stores
- Exclusive Q&A: How Kroger Boosts Sales By Connecting Brands To Customers
- Top Takeaways From Holiday Earnings: Store Closures Will Continue, Best Buy Comes Out A Winner