Since implementing the SelfPay mobile checkout app from Digital Retail Apps, LUX Beauty Boutique has seen positive results, including increased sales and new user sign-ups.
The weekend after SelfPay’s launch in-store, 7% of all in-store transactions were completed via the mobile app. Mobile-based purchases also delivered higher overall value versus purchases completed at the cash register.
"SelfPay is great for shoppers,” explained said Jennifer Grimm, Owner of LUX Beauty Boutique. “We promote it during slower periods precisely so that during busier times, shoppers are aware of it, we don't lose sales, and provide a better shopping experience.”
The SelfPay mobile solution from Digital Retail Apps is designed to give shoppers the ability to shop and pay from anywhere in a store using their own mobile devices. A combination of location services and beacon integration helps SelfPay recognize when shoppers are in-store. Customers are prompted to scan and add items to their in-app cart, view product details and complete their transactions.
Shoppers can complete mobile transactions using debit and credit cards, as well as their PayPal accounts. Digital Retail Apps plans to integrate additional payment methods and e-wallets to the platform in 2014.
Latest from Alicia Fiorletta
- Leveraging Marketplace Momentum: How To Capitalize On New Growth Opportunities Without Risking Your Brand Identity
- Podcast: Are Retailers Finally Getting Holiday Experience Right?
- Alexa: Retail’s Next Friend…Or Foe?
- Aptos Commits Millions To Launch Aptos Labs
- eBags Boosts Conversions 20% With Innovative Tech Investments