Food 4 Less, the discount grocery division of The Kroger Co.,has launched a same-day home delivery service through Instacart that will serve all 129 Food 4 Less and Foods Co. locations in California, Illinois and Indiana.
The addition of delivery services at Food 4 Less deepens Kroger’s involvement with Instacart. The companies announced plans in August 2018 to extend their household reach by 50%, bringing same-day delivery to more than 1,600 stores throughout the fall.
Additionally, Kroger launched its own delivery service called Ship last August. This direct-to-customer marketplace allows customers to order from a selection of groceries and have them delivered to their door.
Kroger is currently piloting a 30-minute grocery delivery service called Kroger Rush in the Cincinnati area, for select customers who live within a three-mile radius of stores in Oakley, Ohio and Newport, Ky.
- CNBC: Costco Tests Same-Day Prescription Delivery In California And Washington State
- Exclusive Chris Walton Q&A: 4 Technologies That Target Retail Pain Points
- Instacart And Whole Foods End Grocery Delivery Partnership
- Instacart Expands Click-And-Collect Service Nationwide
- How Home Delivery Services Have Changed Shopping Behaviors And Brand Loyalties