Charming Charlie is soliciting interest in its brands and related intellectual property assets through Hilco Streambank as part of its bankruptcy proceedings. Offers for the intellectual property are due by Sept. 5, and an auction will be held on Sept. 11. Specific assets for sale include:
- The Charming Charlie, Belle & Bumble and Charlie Girl trademarks;
- The charmingcharlie.com, belleandbumble.com and charliegirl.com domains;
- 6.8 million opt-in customer email addresses; and
- 3 million physical mailing addresses.
Charming Charlie filed for bankruptcy for the second time in two years in July. The retailer was straining under an $82 million debt load, reduced mall traffic and requirements to keep some weak stores open due to landlords, and is closing all 261 stores by Aug. 31 as a result.
The auction is highlighting the brand’s strengths, which include a $44 online AOV and access to nearly 7 million Charm Club loyalty members. The retailer derived 76% of all sales from its loyalty program, and the brand was focused on women ages 35-55.
- Investment Firm Acquires Sugarfina Out Of Bankruptcy For $15 Million
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Barneys Sale To Authentic Brands; Madison Ave. Flagship Will Stay Open
- Sears Reportedly Seeks Sale Of DieHard Brand, Other Assets
- Destination Maternity Files For Bankruptcy, May Face Liquidation If Buyer Is Not Found
- Barneys Enters Deal To Sell Assets To Authentic Brands, B. Riley For $271 Million