Ribble Cycles has opened a state-of-the-art flagship showroom in the heart of the UK’s Ribble Valley in Lancashire. The 2,000-square-foot showroom blends digital and physical to create an immersive and all-sensory consumer experience.
The spacious flagship has been designed to individually showcase every bike in the Ribble range with a generous amount of space, allowing customers to interact with the bikes and appreciate the design in detail. Shoppers also will have product information immediately at their fingertips via digital display screens beside every bike, showcasing key data such as specs, geometry, pricing, FAQs and reviews. Store associates also are on hand to answer any questions and offer assistance.
“We wanted to create a brand showcase, which would define the future of cycle retailing and represent our world-class credentials,” said David Stacey, Commercial Director of Ribble in a statement. “Putting the Ribble brand experience in the heart of the Ribble Valley, set amongst the most incredible riding routes directly from our doorstep, was of paramount importance. From the moment you step into the showroom, you will enter a truly immersive experience and it will completely challenge the notion of a traditional bike shop.”
Other key showroom elements include:
- A massive indoor 4k video wall, adding drama and further brand enhancement, engagement and customer interaction.
- Ribble’s BikeBuilder tool, which allows customers to customize their builds with each and every componentry option on display in-store. A Custom Color option allows for further personalization. Every bike is then hand-built in the UK by one mechanic from start to finish, then delivered to the customer’s door or made available for click-and-collect.
- A Ribble Live virtual showroom allows customers from all around the world to speak with one of the experts via a live video chat and experience the store from the comfort of their own home.
- Starting this summer, the store also will become a location for Ribble events and activities, including regular ride-outs, evening talks, technical “how-to” classes, screenings and Zwift events.
- A signature scent also was created to use in-store to further enhance the sensory experience.
Elements from the new flagship store will be built into more stores as the brand continues to increase its physical store footprint.