Retailers that want to land on shoppers’ “nice” lists for the holiday season should highlight real-time store inventory information: 62% of consumers consider it important — and 30% are less likely to visit a store without it.
Additionally, there’s good news in the forecast for sellers of big-ticket items. The three verticals with the highest holiday sales growth are:
- Building materials and garden equipment (up 8.1%);
- Home furnishings (up 7.5%); and
- Electronics and appliances (up 6.7%).
The three lowest-growth categories are:
- Food and drinks (up 3%);
- Department stores (up 1.4%); and
- Hobby, book, music and sporting goods (down 0.5%).
Get more tips for maximizing holiday sales in this infographic from Zeta.