Stephen Holmes, The Home Depot
Holmes discussed The Home Depot’s partnership with Microsoft and Motorola, implementing handheld mobile devices in stores. The next-generation touchscreen devices handle inventory management, associate-to-associate communications and product lookup, among other functions. In 2010, the retailer distributed 34,000 devices into the stores. Microsoft supplies the Embedded 8 platform for the devices; and Motorola provides the hardware.
- Exclusive NYC Tour: The First Nordstrom Men’s Store
- The Home Depot Will Hire 1,000 Tech Pros As Part Of $11.1 Billion Investment
- The Home Depot And Google Voice-Activated Shopping: A Not-So-Odd Couple
- Study: Best Buy, Home Depot Rank Highest In Mobile UX
- Department Store Drama Dominates Q2; Are More Store Closings In The Cards?