CAMP, the “experience retailer” for families, has made its Midwest debut with a new flagship in Chicago. The 7,500-square-foot location on W. North Avenue is part toy store, part party venue and part immersive theater space, and the retailer is already bringing a new partner activation behind its “Magic Door.”
The front of the store is CAMP’s “Canteen,” which touts 2,000 square feet of retail selling space, a slime creation station, a splatter room, a “CAMPitheater” for live events, and several party rooms. And when visitors open the Magic Door, a speakeasy-style pivoting wall, they can venture into a themed interactive environment.
The first experience to land in the new Chicago store was designed in partnership with multimedia web3 brand Doodles. When ticketholders venture into the immersive 3,500-square-foot adventure, they can:
- Crawl through tunnels to reach the glowing, mushroom-filled Lost Caves;
- Zip down a rainbow slide into fluffy pink Cosmic Clouds;
- Do arts and crafts under 12-foot-tall daisies in the Flower Forest;
- Play interactive synth noisemakers and alien arcade games in the Mothership; and
- Join dance parties and other grown-up-friendly nighttime Doodles events.
“The colorful, playful, and visual world of Doodles fits perfectly at CAMP,” said Ben Kaufman, Co-Founder of CAMP. “It’s been amazing collaborating with their team on this new immersive experience that lets people interact with Doodles in real life.”
CAMP and Doodles also collaborated on an exclusive co-branded collection of apparel and accessories, which are available online and CAMP stores nationwide.