Neiman Marcus has hired two new experiential experts as the department store continues to focus on remodeling the store experience. David Goubert will serve as EVP of Stores and Retail Experience and Ginger Mollo will become Senior VP of Retail Experience — West Coast.
Goubert will be responsible for creating “personalized, seamless and magical” experiences within Neiman Marcus stores, according to a company statement. He joins Neiman Marcus from Starboard Cruise Services, a division of LVMH, where he was most recently Senior Vice President, Luxury Cruise Lines. Starboard has based its retail model on combining luxury with experiences to create memorable stories for seafaring customers.
James Gold, President and Chief Merchandising Officer of Neiman Marcus and a 28-year veteran of the company, left the retailer on Jan. 25, 2019. Neva Hall, the present EVP for Neiman Marcus Stores who Goubert will replace, is planning to leave the retailer in March. Hall oversaw the upcoming store opening at Hudson Yards in New York City. Hudson Yards, the new high-end shopping center, will host the Store Tours portion of the 2019 Retail Innovation Conference on May 6.
Scott Emmons, Founder and Director of the Neiman Marcus iLab, left the retailer earlier this month to take the CTO position at TheCurrent Global. There, he will oversee an ecosystem of global startups and tech partners, managing their integration with brand and retail clients.
Since assuming the CEO role, Van Raemdonck has made a number of changes in the retailer’s upper ranks, including naming:
- Adam Orvos as CFO last April, then later promoting him to CFO and COO;
- Darcy Penick as President of Bergdorf Goodman last June.
- Melissa Lowenkron as General Merchandise Manager of Accessories last October;
- Katie Mullen as its newly created Chief Transformation Officer last November;
- Stefanie Tsen as SVP, Omnichannel Customer Experiences last November; and
- Matt Marcotte as COO of Bergdorf Goodman in January 2019.
Latest from Glenn Taylor
- Barneys Enters Deal To Sell Assets To Authentic Brands, B. Riley For $271 Million
- With Text And Chat, Pier 1 Imports Cuts Costs, Adds Visuals To Contact Center Interactions
- B8ta Introduces ‘Forum’, A Fashion And Lifestyle Concept Store
- Casper Leads Digital Brands In Store Traffic Share, But ‘Halo Effect’ Hasn’t Met Expectations
- Walmart Brings Back ‘Toy Lab’ Ahead Of Holiday Season