American footwear company Caleres has named Molly Adams President of Famous Footwear, its largest division, following the retirement of Rick Ausick. Adams will oversee consumer engagement, store productivity and omnichannel initiatives.
Prior to joining Famous Footwear, Adams served as EVP of Global Merchandising and Product Development at The Walt Disney Co. and has experience with private equity-owned and smaller companies in retail and entertainment. Adams has also served as SVP, GMM and DMM for Anchor Blue Retail group.
The appointment comes after the company CEO’s push to cultivate female leadership in the top ranks. Last year, Caleres reached gender parity on its board, with more than 50% of the seats held by women.
“We thought long and hard about how the consumer is changing, how retail is changing — and what kind of leadership we would need for this next phase of growth at Famous Footwear,” said Diane Sullivan, CEO, President and Chairman of Caleres, in a statement “It will be driven so much by consumer insight, analytics and great merchandise. Molly’s leadership, pace and vision will be invaluable to our Famous Footwear business, and her passion around the consumer experience will come to life in our stores and through our dedicated team.”
Latest from Klaudia Tirico
- Happy Returns Debuts Self-Service Return Kiosks
- Macy’s Will Expand AR-Powered Virtual Try-On Across Beauty Categories
- 11 Honoré Partners With Shopify To Host ‘Runway Commerce’ Experience At NYFW
- Visa Empowers Female Entrepreneurs With She’s Next Campaign
- Philanthropy, Local Connections Create Event Marketing Success For Kendra Scott