Retailers remain laser-focused on improving the customer experience in every part of the store. They are improving the checkout experience, hiring more store associates and empowering managers with mobile tools. The recently released RSR store study confirms this and other trends, such as:
- 52% of retailers see high value in modern POS hardware and software
- 55% see high value in employee selling tools on the sales floor
- 43% see high value in personal scanners and self-service sales
During this webinar, Paula Rosenblum from RSR will share these and other findings from the store study and discuss how retailers can respond in order to achieve better in-store results.
Part two of the presentation will feature a deep dive into how the checkout experience affects overall store performance, honing in on all aspects of checkout, including POS, self-checkout, the queue process, impulse buying, couponing and tendering. Each aspect of the checkout experience contributes to a successful sale. If any part of the checkout experience is negative, 50% or more shoppers may opt to shop online instead.
- Paula Rosenblum, Managing Partner, RSR
- Julie Huffman, Senior Human Factors Engineer, NCR
- Debbie Hauss, Editor-in-Chief, Retail TouchPoints