Customer information has long been the lifeblood of retail, with shopper needs, preferences and behaviors driving product offerings and marketing campaigns since the early days. But everything about the relationship between consumers and retailers has become more complex, and customer data is no exception.
From the way data is generated to all the places information may originate, retailers are facing an accelerating array of challenges. New channels are appearing, media opportunities are changing, delivery methods are evolving — and this rapid evolution is expected to continue.
Brands that want to remain ahead of these trends should step back and closely scrutinize their approach to data collection, integration and use across different business functions. In this e-book, we’ll explore some of the factors influencing the need for a data reset. You’ll learn how to:
- Develop a lifecycle strategy built for your entire customer journey;
- Map your data sources and management techniques;
- Deliver the right messaging at the right time and place;
- Bridge your data gaps; and
- Reap the rewards of a transformed data strategy.