COVID-19 revealed the stress points in today’s supply chains: empty store shelves at the beginning of the pandemic were only the most visible sign of the limitations of the current manufacturer-to-consumer product pipeline. On a somewhat positive note, however, pandemic-related shortages forced consumers to try alternatives, including private label offerings.
Seeing this opportunity, many retailers sought to accelerate their private label product development. These retailers were not only able to increase market share for items that provided them with higher profit margins; they also helped future-proof against potential disruptions by more closely controlling the manufacturing, quality assurance and fulfillment aspects of producing these products.
In this white paper, you’ll find out how an inclusive product lifecycle management (PLM) platform with multiple interlocking applications can help you craft an efficient and effective private label strategy. You’ll learn how to:
- Overcome the challenges of private label product development;
- Get on the right track with ideation, label design and packaging;
- Build supplier relationships;
- Manage all the moving parts of production; and
- Get products in front of your most likely purchasers.