Exclusive 2017 Survey: Stores Leverage Mobile, Fulfillment Updates To Improve Operations
Stores are weathering tough times in 2017: closures, bankruptcies, private equity buyouts and continuing declines in foot traffic. But there’s strong evidence that a large number of consumers still prefer the store shopping experience.
Retailers are keenly aware that they must provide a superlative store experience whenever shoppers do visit their physical locations. For the fifth year, Retail TouchPoints has surveyed retailers to identify their most pressing store operations challenges, and the tools and tactic s they are using to meet those challenges.
Key findings of the 2017 Retail TouchPoints Store Operations Survey include:
- 55% of retailers are investing in new technologies as their most important store operations priority this year;
- 73% of retailers already arm their stores associates with mobile technology, or plan to do so in the near future;
- Mobile benefits include increased customer satisfaction (58%), improved employee morale (44%) and increased upsells and cross-sells (42%);
- 58% of retailers already offer BOPIS, and another 13% plan to add the service; and
- 41% of retailers still credit store associates only for items purchased in the store, not for sales originating in another channel.
Fill out the form to get the full survey results.