During this special episode of Retail Remix, Alicia Esposito sat with Adam Blair, Editor at Retail TouchPoints, and Philip Jackson, Co-founder of Future Commerce, to dig into their experiences bouncing around sessions and the expo floor at this year’s NRF Big Show. If their insights are any indication, 2023 is shaping up to be a year of optimization, not revolution.
For example, instead of pulling out pieces of tech from your stack – what Philip innocently referred to as “noodles” – retailers will look to layer new technologies on top of existing frameworks to embrace buyer needs and promote cost-effectiveness. Retailers can then stay in the conversation without sacrificing during times of economic uncertainty.
The panelists discuss the key themes highlighted throughout the show, as well as the conversations they had and the lessons they learned. Listen to this episode to hear:
- Key industry predictions for 2023;
- How retailers will invest in tech over the next year;
- What the future looks like for industry trade shows; and
- Expectations from events like NRF moving forward and what deems a successful show.
- Read more of Philip’s perspectives at Future Commerce
- Catch up on NRF 2023 coverage from Retail TouchPoints
- Check out the event recap from NRF 2023