Consumers continue to use e-Commerce for online gifting, but many don’t complete purchases when queried about unknown data such as a recipient’s size or preferred color. This stumbling block causes high shopping cart abandonment rates and increases in costs associated with returns.
Smartgift online gifting technology helps eTailers maximize gift sales by allowing consumers to purchase a gift online with minimal information about recipients. Customers can buy a ring or dress, for example, without knowing the recipient's size, style preference or even shipping address. Only an email address is required to complete the order.
Recipients provide all necessary details and can swap for a more expensive item or order complementary merchandise. These cross-sell and upsell brand opportunities help eTailers bring the in-store experience online.
Latest from Fatima D. Lora
- Retail Theft Barometer Finds Shrink Exceeds $112 Billion Worldwide
- TrueVUE Inventory Display Execution Helps Speed Product Counting
- Cross-Channel Fulfillment Takes Priority Over Other Omnichannel Initiatives
- Mobile Price Intelligence Solution From 360pi Helps Combat Showrooming
- Less Than Half Of Marketers Report Sufficient Access To Relevant Business Data