The Convey delivery management platform has unveiled new communication features designed to improve collaboration among carriers, shoppers and retailers.
The features include new shopper alert “paks,” designed to help retailers reduce inbound calls by providing customers with timely shipment details via their preferred channel, including what actions to take to ensure successful delivery.
The new shopper alert tools will include:
- Standard Pak: For shipment details on in-transit, out for delivery, delivered and exception;
- Exception Pak: Attempted delivery, available for pickup, cannot schedule appointment, customer change request, held at terminal, incorrect address and more;
- Delay Pak: Missed promised date, estimated delivery date change and reassurance update (long transits);
- White Glove Pak: Schedule appointment, appointment is set, reminder of appointment and reassurance update; and
- Returns Pak: Schedule pickup, on its way and delivered.
Retailers also can send customized alerts to shoppers so they can collaborate with carriers to resolve issues from the shipment details record. These notifications are designed for specific delivery situations, and include any relevant actions that need to be taken by the customer.