Online product videos help generate purchases by bringing shoppers closer to the items they’re considering. More than half (52%) of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions, as noted in a video statistics report, titled: Video Statistics: The Marketer’s Summary.
According to the study, produced by Invodo, 76% of online marketers plan to add video to their sites. In addition, consumers are willing to watch videos 60% of the time they are found, and 52% of consumers report that they are less likely to return a product after viewing a video.
Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times more likely to view a video than laptop or desktop users. In addition, close to 40% of consumers report videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device, and 28% of smartphone owners will watch videos on their phones during an average month.
“Retailers must respond by making rich, useful and compelling information readily available wherever the shopper looks,” according to Invodo in the report. “We are reaching an inflection point in terms of business use of video. To this day, however, there exists little consistency in how content is created, merchandised, measured and optimized.”
The complete Invodo video statistics summary report may be accessed here.
Latest from Fatima D. Lora
- Retail Theft Barometer Finds Shrink Exceeds $112 Billion Worldwide
- TrueVUE Inventory Display Execution Helps Speed Product Counting
- Cross-Channel Fulfillment Takes Priority Over Other Omnichannel Initiatives
- Mobile Price Intelligence Solution From 360pi Helps Combat Showrooming
- Less Than Half Of Marketers Report Sufficient Access To Relevant Business Data