The holidays are quickly approaching, so it’s prime season for retailers to see peak sales, web traffic surges and, most important, opportunities to engage with new and returning customers. As part of its holiday forecast, the National Retail Federation predicts November and December retail sales will grow between 8.5% to 10.5% over 2020 — the highest holiday retail sales on record. But how will retailers keep the momentum going?
Amidst supply chain challenges and difficulties in hiring seasonal talent, retailers who invest in their post-holiday strategy and champion their customers this season will keep them coming back year-round.
To achieve a base of customer loyalists, retailers must shift their strategy from capturing one-time buyers to creating lasting customer relationships.
This guide features five actionable strategies that will help you maximize your revenue potential and turn one-off customers into loyal brand advocates. You’ll learn how to:
- Build a solid brand relationship with customers during the most critical season;
- Launch a data-driven email campaign after the holiday rush;
- Use holiday data to get personal with customers in the new year;
- Reconsider your product review strategy; and
- Optimize your loyalty program investment.