Bold Metrics Inc., a provider of technology that uses data science and machine learning to predict body measurements, has launched Apparel Insights (BMI AI). The product enables brands to leverage AI technology to take a data-driven approach to clothing design and ready-to-wear sizing.
Companies have previously used a traditional “fit model” approach to garment design — where they estimated customer body shapes and sizes. The new BMI AI solution uses actual customer data to inform fits and sizes in a more personalized manner.
Although online shopping sites provide tools such as sizing charts to guide consumers in choosing the best apparel size, that method doesn’t give brands or retailers data about the specific measurements of their customers that they could use at the design and manufacturing stages. As a result, fit issues are the primary reason for online returns in the apparel category.
“We provide the same granular level of data as if your customers had stepped into a body scanner, but only require them to answer a handful of simple questions that they know off the top of their heads,” said Morgan Linton, Co-Founder and COO of Bold Metrics in a statement.
- What To Expect From #RIC19 Panels: AI, Women’s Leadership, Pop-Ups
- Manthan Bolsters Marketing Solution With AI And Mobile Features
- 80% Of Shoppers Give Thumbs Up To Chatbot Experiences, But 59% Remain Uninterested In Using Them
- Albertsons Partners With Microsoft To Bolster Cloud And AI Capabilities
- Cerebri AI Quantifies Loyalty Through AI And Machine Learning