Retail TouchPoints and Design:Retail have unveiled the 2023 winners of the annual 40 Under 40 Awards, representing a dynamic and diverse class of executives who have contributed to industry progress.
The 40 Under 40 Awards have evolved to spotlight the personal and professional accomplishments of executives across the retail industry — from store design to CX strategy, ecommerce and retail operations. This year’s slate of winners also features several game changing brand founders who have brought new brands, retail concepts and solutions to the market.
Nominees were assessed for their overall contributions to their businesses and their positive impact on the retail industry. Accomplishments included helping scale retail businesses, founding retail tech companies and solution providers that are solving critical industry pain points, and becoming mentors and allies to their industry peers. In fact, mentorship, charity and community involvement were especially noted in this year’s judging process.
“In this new era of connected commerce, it is more critical than ever for executives of various backgrounds to come together, celebrate each other’s accomplishments and explore new ways to collaborate and bring new innovations to market,” said Alicia Esposito, VP of Content for Retail TouchPoints. “We have continued to build upon the successful program started under the Design:Retail brand — transforming it into a rich program that represents the cornucopia of talent and passion brimming within the industry.
Winners will be celebrated at a cocktail reception sponsored by MG2 during the 2023 Retail Innovation Conference & Expo, to be held June 13-15 at McCormick Place in Chicago. They also will be spotlighted in a special report scheduled to be published in July 2023. Stay tuned to get incredible lessons and insights from these game-changing executives.
Congratulations to the entire 40 Under 40 class of 2023!
- Randy John, Director Technology Consultancy – Digital Retail, adidas
- Claire Wyatt, VP of Business Strategy & Marketing Science, Albertsons Media Collective
- James Kinnear, Director Ecommerce, ALDI
- Jamie Jo Boulogne – Cockrell, Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager, At Home Group
- Lee Anne Grant, Chief Growth Officer, Babylist
- Chris Silver, Co-founder, BambuMeta
- Viviana Muci, Director of Digital Marketing, Bang Energy
- Marissa Kinsey, Vice President Trade Marketing, BeatBox Beverages
- Akash Luthra, Sr. Manager of Digital Product Management, Chico’s FAS
- Haris Khan, Vice President of Operations, Chipotle
- Kyle Brill, Senior Director of Visual Merchandising, Club Monaco
- Matthew Cyr, Founder & CEO, Crave Retail
- Michelle Hernandez, Director, Omnichannel Marketing, Deckers Brands (UGG)
- Natalia Horvath, Global Head of Customer Marketing, Reserve Brands, Diageo
- Gabby Hirata, President & CEO, Diane von Furstenberg
- Michelle Bacharach, CEO, Findmine
- Drew Cashmore, Chief Marketing Officer, Firework
- Matt Goodfriend, Store Operations & Senior Manager of Communications, GameStop
- Daniel Black, CEO & Founder, Glass-Media, Inc.
- Callie Canfield Worthington, Chief Brand Officer, Hanna Andersson
- Jowita Abbott, Senior Designer, IA Interior Architects
- Jaymie Gelino, Chief Operating Officer, JLL
- Joanna Griffiths, Founder and President, Knix
- Michelle Frank, GM of Global Ecommerce, Logitech
- Susan Bagley, Director of Category Sales & Business Development, Lowe’s One Roof Media Network
- Mike Pedi, Senior Team Lead – Transaction Zone Team, Mars-Wrigley
- Joe Schafran, Senior Project Manager, The Lionesque Group, an MG2 Studio
- Sarah Sheldon, Sr. Director of Ecommerce, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams
- Anne Martin, Director of Shopper Marketing, Mondelēz International
- Maeli Niebles, Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Native Roots Cannabis Co.
- Megan Lafferty, Retail Operations Manager, Pandora Jewelry
- Elizabeth Jones, Global Merchandise Director, Princess Polly
- Nicole Fountain, Director of Field Communications, Sephora
- Joe Rosati, Senior Project Manager, Shawmut Design and Construction
- Marie Kelly, Head of Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, Sloomoo Institute
- Emily Gvora, Designer, Global Creative, The Wendy’s Company
- Tanya Brinich, Senior Director of Client Success, thredUP
- Amila Pezer, Director of Learning & Development, UNTUCKit
- Tom Ward, Executive Vice President and Chief Ecommerce Officer, Walmart U.S.
- Erin Houston, Co-founder and CEO, Wearwell