David’s Bridal is dramatically reshaping its executive suite via internal promotions, including three C-level appointments. The retailer, which filed for bankruptcy in April 2023, was purchased by CION Investment Corp. in July 2023.
The promoted executives include:
- Bob Walker, who joined David’s Bridal in 2019 as Chief Retail Officer, has been promoted to COO. He will report directly to David’s Bridal CEO Jim Marcum and will maintain his leadership of the field sales team and store operations;
- Rob Cooper, who joined David’s Bridal in 2006 and brings 25 years’ experience in retail, is taking the CFO title from Charles Lockyer, who has moved on from the organization;
- Andrea Dauphinee, who joined the retailer in 2018, has been promoted to Chief Human Resources Officer;
- Nancy Viall, hired in 2020 as Chief Merchandising, Design and Inventory Management Officer, has been promoted to President of Merchandising and Supply Chain, reporting directly to Marcum. Viall will retain ownership of merchandising and product development functions and assume responsibility for the supply chain; and
- Kelly Cook, who joined David’s Bridal in 2019 as EVP, Chief Marketing and IT Officer, has been promoted to President of Brand, Technology and Finance. She will report to Marcum and brings more than two decades of marketing and ecommerce experience.
“Brides turn to us during one of the most important moments of their lives, and our incredible leadership team ensures our organization is ready to meet our customers’ every need,” said Marcum in a statement. “Kelly, Nancy, Bob, Rob and Andrea are exceptional leaders with the strategic acumen to guide David’s into its next era of success. They have played key roles throughout the past few years, helping us navigate the pandemic and its aftereffects, and positioning us for the future as we continue to help make dreams come true.”