Target and Aldi are among the retailers making 58 “qualified bids” in a Toys ‘R’ Us store auction scheduled for March 29, according to CNBC. More than 10 real estate firms and private equity firms are involved as well.
Both Target and Aldi are both interested in a location in Kendall, Fla. that is near multiple college campuses. Other retailers making bids for stores include Big Lots, Golf & Tennis Pro Shop, Raymour and Flanigan and Ashley Furniture.
Real estate firms placing bids include Federal Realty, Urstadt Biddle, Red Mountain Group and Benderson. Many of the companies are known for acquiring and renovating troubled retail assets.
Interested retailers and the locations on which they are bidding include:
- Aldi: Kendall, Fla.;
- Target: Kendall, Fla.;
- Big Lots: Fresno, Calif., Exton, Pa., Durham, N.C., Woodbridge, Va. and Indianapolis, Ind.;
- Golf & Tennis Pro Shop: Indianapolis, Ind. and Vernon Hills, Ill.;
- Raymour and Flanigan: Paramus, N.J., West Windsor, N.J. and New York, N.Y.;
- Ashley Furniture: Monrovia, Calif. and Emeryville, Calif.;
- Farmers Fresh Market Place: Chicago;
- FoodBazaar: Flushing, N.Y.; and
- Shoe Station: Jackson, Miss.