Crate & Barrel Holdings Inc. (CBH) is digging deeper into sustainability via corporate responsibility and responsible design across its Crate & Barrel, CB2, Crate & Kids and Hudson Grace brands. The company shared its plans for a holistic approach as multiple retail businesses, particularly in the home and interiors categories, increase their eco efforts. The company outlined three 2025 goals that form its first urgent commitments to improve CBH products:
- 60% certified preferred fibers in its textile assortment;
- 50% Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified furniture; and
- 100% Greenguard Gold Certified Crate & Kids furniture.
CBH noted that it will enact increased transparency for tracking and reporting progress across its 2025 commitments.
In addition to the 2025 goals, CBH has outlined its holistic people- and planet-focused values as it embraces a more sustainable approach to business through:
- Climate neutrality by setting climate targets and reducing its carbon footprint throughout its supply chain to the last mile;
- Sustainable materials sourcing including FSC-certified wood, preferred fibers and recycled packaging;
- Ethical supply chain by encouraging suppliers to commit to social and environmental improvements;
- Circular solutions that will replace single-use consumption with circular projects, operations and products;
- Empowered employees who are encouraged to shape innovative sustainability programs and put them into practice;
- Conscious customers who will receive a simplified customer experience to promote responsible shopping with clear labeling, third-party verification and sustainable products; and
- Digital responsibility to ensure privacy, security and data collection while using technology solutions such as remote meetings to reduce emissions.
“Our vision is to build a home with purpose in order to create happier and healthier communities for future generations,” said Janet Hayes, CEO of Crate & Barrel Holdings in a statement. “These goals represent our commitment to helping our people and the planet thrive while growing our business. This is just the beginning; we are on a journey driven by passion, transparency and accountability at every turn, to leave the world a better place than we found it.”