We’ve all heard that the customer has more control over the shopping experience, but that hasn’t stopped most retailers from sticking with their same-old business strategies. Joel Bines believes now is the time for retailers to act — and he has a playbook for success.
During this episode of Retail Remix, Joel digs into his book, “The Metail Economy: 6 Strategies for Transforming Your Business to Thrive in the Me-Centric Consumer Revolution.” He shares:
- How the me-centric consumer revolution began and the technologies that have accelerated it;
- Why this revolution sparked the rise of authenticity in marketing, sustainability and other hot retail trends; and
- Tips to help retailers use deep customer understanding to identify and prioritize investments.
This week’s episode is brought to you by TaxJar
From marketplaces to social selling, the opportunities for e-commerce retailers to grow their business have never been better. But selling on more platforms and in more regions means increasingly complex sales tax requirements. TaxJar automates the entire sales tax compliance lifecycle for retailers, including real-time calculations, multichannel reporting, nexus calculations and automated filing. They simplify your sales tax so you can focus on the important stuff, like developing great products and attracting customers. Visit www.taxjar.com to learn more.
- Learn more about Joel’s book
- Learn more about AlixPartners