BigCommerce has hired Lisa Pearson as Chief Marketing Officer. She will focus on overseeing all aspects of brand and communications, product marketing, demand generation, customer acquisition and partner marketing.
The appointment follows a series of key developments for BigCommerce. The company opened its first European office in London following a $64 million round of growth funding led by Goldman Sachs. It also launched the BigCommerce for WordPress solution, which pairs the content-rich capabilities of a globally popular content management system (CMS) with strong e-Commerce functionality.
“Lisa’s combination of CEO-level experience, deep e-Commerce domain expertise and impeccable track record leading world-class marketing organizations made her uniquely qualified for this position,” said Brent Bellm, CEO for BigCommerce, in a statement.
Pearson most recently served as CEO at Umbel. Before that, she served as CMO for Bazaarvoice, where she was a key member in the team that took the company public in 2012. She also held senior leadership roles at Devries Global and HAVAS.
- Happy Returns Debuts Self-Service Return Kiosks
- Macy’s Will Expand AR-Powered Virtual Try-On Across Beauty Categories
- 11 Honoré Partners With Shopify To Host ‘Runway Commerce’ Experience At NYFW
- Visa Empowers Female Entrepreneurs With She’s Next Campaign
- Philanthropy, Local Connections Create Event Marketing Success For Kendra Scott