Stephen Sadove, Chairman and CEO of Saks, Inc., has been elected as Chairman of the NRF Board of Directors and Chairman of the Executive Committee, the NRF announced.
In addition, Kip Tindell, Chairman and CEO of The Container Store, was elected as First Vice Chairman of the Board as well as Treasurer and Chairman of the Finance Committee. Mindy Grossman, CEO of HSNi, also has joined the NRF Board as Second Vice Chair and Secretary. Each officer will serve a two-year term.
The NRF also announced newly-elected retail board members. They are:
- Beth Aberg, President, Random Harvest, Inc.;
- Sasha Bopp, CEO, Crate and Barrel;
- Brendan Hoffman, President and CEO, Bon-Ton Stores Inc.; and
- Ravi Saligram, President and CEO, OfficeMax.
State retail association executives elected as ex officio board members are:
- Michelle Ahlmer, Executive Director, Arizona Retailers Association; and
- Roland Myers, President and CEO, Tennessee Retail Association.
Associate Member Advisory Council representatives re-elected to the board include:
- Karen Lowe, General Manager, Global Retail Industry, IBM Corporation;
- Ramón B. Martin, President, Merchant Services Americas, American Express Company; and
- Alison Paul, Principal, Deloitte & Touche LLP.
“Representing the breadth and diversity of the retail industry from small business owners to global brands, the Board will help shape [our] strategic objectives and advocacy agenda,” said Matthew Shay, President and CEO at NRF. “The expertise and experience of these retail leaders will leverage our ability to shine a spotlight on the industry’s role in building careers, growing communities, and driving innovation.”