For $199.99 a year, Best Buy customers can sign up for the retailer’s Totaltech membership program to receive 24/7 VIP service, including Geek Squad Support and special pricing on certain products.
Notably during a holiday season when concerns about inventory availability are high, Totaltech members also “will receive exclusive access to some of the season’s hardest-to-find products,” according to Best Buy. Exactly which elusive products are not currently defined, however.
All current Best Buy Beta, Total Tech Support and Geek Squad Tech Support members will be automatically upgraded to the Best Buy Totaltech membership. The nationwide launch comes after an April 2021 pilot in select markets.
Totaltech members also will receive:
- Up to 24 months of product protection on most Best Buy purchases;
- Free delivery and standard installation;
- Exclusive prices on some items;
- 20% off labor for repairs and advanced services and 10% off labor for custom installations;
- Extended 60-day return and exchange window on most products; and
- Free haul-away on most product replacements.
Member Monday, a new series of special events that offers members exclusive deals on in-demand tech items, kicks off Monday, Oct. 18, and will run during select weeks throughout the holiday season.