Sensormatic Solutions and Zliide have entered a collaboration aimed at enabling self-checkout experiences that eliminate register queues and streamline the shopper experience. The combined solutions will work to reduce shrink while making self-checkout simpler for customers.
As the relationship progresses, data from the Zliide system will be integrated into the Sensormatic IQ ecosystem. Specific goals of the collaboration include:
- Secure, instant checkouts that allows shoppers to use their mobile device to pay for merchandise right at the shelf;
- Endless aisles that let shoppers scan barcodes with their phones and order out-of-stock items in just a few clicks;
- No-contact checkouts, even for tagged items, which lets customers remove security tags on their own and eliminates the need for associate assistance;
- Seamless user experiences that allow the customer to instantly launch the Zliide platform without needing to download a mobile app;
- Personalized recommendations made using customers’ habits and purchases; and
- Item insights offering information about the products customers are buying, from reviews to sustainability reports and more.